Replacing your entry doors is a big undertaking. To ensure the project is a success, you need to work with an experienced, reputable contractor that has access to high-quality products and materials. It also helps to be aware of the leading causes of errors during a door installation project. Read on as Renewal by Andersen® of San Antonio discusses further.
1. Sacrificing Quality for Price – It might be tempting to choose a cheap door, but remember–you get what you pay for. Your entry door has a major impact on your home’s beauty and security, so it’s important that you prioritize quality.
2. Choosing the Wrong Contractor – Not all contractors know how to install every type of door. Make sure the contractor you choose has plenty of experience working with the type of door you want. Mistakes made during the installation can cause serious problems, even leading to the need for premature door replacement.
3. Buying Only for Aesthetics – Yes, it’s true that your door plays a large role in enhancing your home’s curb appeal but this isn’t the only thing you should look at when buying a new door. You also need to consider energy efficiency, weather protection and security.
4. Choosing the Wrong Material – Take the time to research different door materials. Each material offers different advantages and drawbacks, and you need to be aware of those before you make your choice. For example, wood may look beautiful, but it requires a lot of maintenance that might prove onerous.
5. Picking the Wrong Paint Color – Your entry door can make or break your home’s curb appeal. Choosing a color that doesn’t mesh well with the other components of your home’s exterior is a big mistake that will cost you.
6. Not Doing Enough Research – This is a big investment that requires proper planning and doing your homework. During this process, make a list of what you like and don’t like and establish a budget so your project goes as smoothly as possible.
Planning to install new patio doors in your home soon? Don’t hesitate to turn to Renewal by Andersen of San Antonio, your leading experts when it comes to window and door replacement services. Give us a call at (210) 988-6466 or fill out our contact form to schedule a FREE consultation. We serve homeowners in San Antonio and other nearby areas.